Are you preparing for an afternoon tea fit for royalty but looking for a more relaxed and laid-back vibe for your tablescape? You’re in luck! With the right colour scheme, flowers, and tableware, you can create a regal yet inviting atmosphere that will make your guests feel like kings and queens. Here are some tips to help you design a regal and relaxed tablescape for your afternoon tea.
Choose a Royal Colour Scheme
When it comes to designing an afternoon tea tablescape fit for royalty, choosing the right colour scheme is crucial. Traditional royal colours like gold, silver, and red can give your tablescape an opulent and regal feel. However, if you’re looking for a more relaxed vibe, consider incorporating softer colours like blush, pale blue, or lavender.
Incorporate Elegant Flowers, no afternoon tea is complete without the perfect floral arrangements. For a more relaxed vibe, consider incorporating elegant flowers like roses, peonies, or hydrangeas in muted tones that complement your chosen colour scheme. Potted primula is another excellent option, adding a pop of colour and a touch of whimsy to your tablescape. You can also add some greenery, such as eucalyptus or ferns, to give your tablescape a natural, organic feel.
Choose Classic Tableware
When it comes to tableware, classic and elegant pieces are the way to go for an afternoon tea fit for royalty. Opt for white or cream-colored plates with simple and clean designs. For a more relaxed feel, consider mixing and matching blue and white tableware and incorporating mismatched china teacups and saucers to create a unique and eclectic look.
Add Luxurious Accents
To add some extra luxury to your tablescape, consider incorporating some glamorous accents like flatware with simple designs or decorative napkin rings. These little touches can take your afternoon tea tablescape to the next level and make your guests feel truly pampered.
Designing a regal and relaxed tablescape for an afternoon tea is all about finding the perfect balance between opulence and comfort. By choosing a royal colour scheme, incorporating elegant flowers such as potted primula, mixing and matching blue and white tableware, and adding luxurious accents, including mismatched china teacups and saucers, you can create a stunning and inviting tablescape that will impress your guests and make them feel like royalty.
Sweat Treat Menu Suggestions
And what better way to complement your beautiful tablescape than with a sweet treat afternoon tea menu that will delight your guests’ taste buds? Here are some scrumptious treats that you can serve:
- Strawberries and cream: A classic combination that is perfect for a spring or summer afternoon tea. Serve fresh strawberries with a dollop of whipped cream on the side.
- Fruit scones served with butter, homemade raspberry or strawberry jam, and cream: A quintessential afternoon tea treat that your guests will love. Make sure to serve your scones warm with a selection of condiments on the side.
- Meringue nests filled with soft fruit and cream: Light and airy meringue nests filled with a mixture of whipped cream and soft fruit, such as raspberries or blueberries, are a perfect addition to your afternoon tea menu.
- Chocolate-dipped strawberries: Elevate your strawberries and cream with a luxurious touch by dipping the strawberries in melted chocolate.
- Blueberry cake: A moist and fluffy cake studded with juicy blueberries is a delightful addition to your menu. Serve slices of cake on a tiered cake stand for an elegant presentation.
- Passionfruit cheesecake: Creamy and tangy cheesecake with a tropical twist of passionfruit is a perfect way to end your afternoon tea on a high note.
And to wash down all these delicious treats, serve a loose-leaf English afternoon tea. Brew a pot of your favourite blend, such as Earl Grey or English Breakfast, and let your guests enjoy a cup of tea that is both comforting and refined.
By following these tips and serving a delicious, sweet treat afternoon tea menu, you can create a regal and relaxed tablescape that will leave a lasting impression on your guests.